Today, Magento is known to be one of the most powerful ecommerce platforms that has ever emerged. It has two editions available. This includes the community and Enterprise edition. Both editions have their own advantages. Some user may find that one edition better than the other, but the truth is it really depends on user needs.
Let’s take a closer look on Magento’s Enterprise edition. This is specially designed for big companies, which need technical support with usage, configuration and installation. Magento Enterprise provides businesses with wide array of advanced features. Fully supported by the Magento team of experts, the enterprise edition is scalable and easily tailored to meet every ecommerce owner’s unique and technical business requirements.
Here’s a list of Magento Enterprise edition features.
- Reward Points System – This feature is also available with Magento Professional. It implements unique programs designed to enhance user experience and increase customer loyalty. Points awarded are based on wide arrange of transactions and customer actions; managed through the backend.
- Automated Email Marketing Reminders – You can now increase customer retention through sending configurable, automated email reminders to customers. You can also target promotions and discounts to customers based on browsing activity.
- Store Credits – Through this feature, you can optionally refund the order with store credit. Customers can use the credit to purchase items during checkout.
- Assisted Shopping – Manage customer’s cart from the Magento admin panel. Products, coupons in customer’s shopping carts and even wishlists from the customer account screen in the admin panel is manageable.
- Rich Merchandising Suite (RMS) – Magento Enterprise features a powerful Rich Merchandising Suite which allows you to define customer segments to optimize your marketing initiatives. Target your marketing efforts to your customers and increase conversion rates – suggest products, set up automated rule-based product selection and marketing banners based on customer segment.
- Gift Certificates/Cards – This feature will surely attract more customers. You can create and tie store credits to customer accounts. Orders can be refunded for store credit while customers can use the credit to purchase items during checkout. Gift cards feature is also available with Magento Professional.
- Fast Deployment – Since you have chosen an open-source and customizable platform, it can seamlessly integrate with third party solutions, can be deployed in any environment, and is backed by a huge network of commerce experts ready to help you.
Enhanced Content Management System – This feature allows you to build complex pages with an easy to use WYSIWYG editor. Insert rich content, create menus and page hierarchy for CMS pages and control publishing privileges.