So you have spent months in building your ecommerce business from improving your website, writing ads and emails and a lot more. After your customers are done purchasing, it is time for you to pass on your brand for shipment to the hands of a stranger. Shipping is no joke. It can either make or break your business in numerous ways. It is important to plan out your shipping strategy and choose a reliable shipping partner.
In this article, we will share with you the fundamental tools, resources and apps to help you develop a solid shipping strategy and gain customer loyalty.
Packaging does not only protect your customers’ orders but it also serves as an extension of your brand experience. Customers can be meticulous and a bad packaging can be a super turn-off! Lucky for you, there are many packaging options that are available to you.
There are many online stores that uses packaging as a marketing channel. Consider Everlane, their items arrive wrapped in a craft paper with an Everlane sticker and a thank you note that encourages people to share a photo of their orders on social media networks.
As the owner, you must know that even the smallest details matter to the customers because that’s what will make an exceptional impressions to them.
Before you can ship your products, you will need to pack them carefully for safety transport. There are other business that provides packaging including boxes or envelopes (padded or unpadded) and add stuffing or product cushioning when needed. They make sure that your products are packed perfectly.
- Uline- this is a popular choice in terms of packaging materials including over 1,300 sizes of boxes, bubble mailers, and package cushioning.
- E-Supply Store
Offer Free Shipping
It has been proven that having a free shipping option reduces shopping cart abandonment. However, you should know that shipping is never free. Someone always has to pay. In this case, you have three options.
- Increase product prices to cover shipping costs. In this option, the customer pays.
- You pay the full price of shipping out of your margins.
- Increase products’ prices slightly to cover partial costs of shipping. In this case, you and your customer pays.
Shipping couriers base their shipping rates on a few factors including:
- Package Weight
- Package Size
- Departing Country
- Destination Country
Services can be difficult to be compared as they all offer slightly different options and every business will have their own unique variables.
Below is a list of shipping calculators to some of the largest and most popular shipping couriers so that you can begin comparing pricing and options.
- FedEx – Shipping Calculator
- UPS – Shipping Calculator
- USPS – Shipping Calculator
- UK Royal Mail – Shipping Calculator
- Australia Post – Shipping Calculator
- Canada Post – Shipping Calculator
Labelling Your Packages
If you are a new business and you don’t have much experiences on this, you will most likely begin by handwriting customer addresses on your packages. But as your business grows, there will come a point where this is no longer practical. There are many businesses that offer such services and you can avail them right from the comfort of your home or office.
Label/ Postage Printing Apps and Services
- Shopify Order Printer – (Free) If you are on Shopify platform, this is a must-have. Order Printer lets you print invoices, labels, receipts, and packing slips easily and quickly.
- OrderCup – ($20-$50/ month)- With OrderCup, you can print USPS, FedEx, and UPS, so that you can easily create shipping labels and packing slips in bulk.
- ShipStation – ($25-$145) – It also integrates with major carriers, including USPS, FedEx, and UPS, so that you can easily create shipping labels and packing slips in bulk.
As you go along with your business, sending out more orders, customers will inevitably email you about the status of their package. Make sure that the you and your customers know the status of the shipped package. Apps that notify both owners and customers regarding this can be of great help.
For eCommerce Setup on Magento and other eCommerce Website Platform visit Vi Commerce – Providing only the Best and Cost Efficient Service for eCommerce Web and Mobile Development. Magento Certified Company.Give us a call at +1 415-503-2351 or send in your enquiry here